Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ugly Duckling to Beautiful Swan (so to speak)

Before:

I was looking at the Martha Stewart website a while back and I saw these beautiful glittered birds for Christmas decorations and I really, really wanted them. I searched high and low for some little birds that I could decorate and finally found them in my least-favourite department store at 2 for $2.00 which I thought was a total score! So I grabbed all they had on the shelf, took them home and went crazy with the glue, glitter and feathers (oh and little black seed beads for the eyes) and this is the result:

After:



I love the way they turned out and I plan on going back and getting some more little birds and maybe the next lot I'll do in Mica instead of plain old glitter. If you would like to see the original Martha version it's here: http://www.marthastewart.com/article/glitter-bird-centerpiece?lnc=d3d67c769e7ee010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD

Happy Crafting! :)

No comments: