Monday, November 23, 2009

Little Christmas world in a jar






I was inspired by quite a few Mason jar scenes I have seen while lurking various craft sites so I decided to make my own. I'm really happy with how it turned out and can't wait to go to the thrift store to get more jars (if they have any).

The little "gingerbread" house is made from chipboard and painted. The little mushrooms and candy cane are both made from salt-dough and also painted and everything is hot glued on to a circle of white felt. I lightly sprinkled some glitter over the top but I had huge amounts of self control for once and didn't go all Vegas on it. Gosh, that was hard because I really, really love glitter! Besides which, I'm having a hell of a time finding the glitter that I normally use, it's a 3D white glitter but it changes colours depending on how the light hits it. I used to get it from my local Spotlight store but they've stopped stocking anything that's not Martha Stewart now which sucks because as much as I love Martha, her stuff is super expensive and I just can't justify $13 for a small pack of glitter, considering the other one I used to get was $4. Ugh, anyways, sorry, enough of the rant.

So, that's it! I'm definately going to make some more and I'll make some non-Christmas ones too because I want a little world to peer in to all year round so I'll post them as soon as I've made them.

Happy Crafting!

:)

PS. I'm sorry about my lack of camera-skills. I know, I totally suck at taking pictures!

No comments: