Friday, January 15, 2010

Another day, another doll.





This one is waaaay better. I'm much happier with this geeky little girl. I think she's cute and I much prefer the stitched face than the fabric marker although the latter is much easier. You reap what you sow I guess. Anyways, I think I've got it right this time, but hubby seems to think her arms should be by her sides so a slight adjustment is all. I'm thinking of all the different variations of her I could do, different faces and different hair. I'd better write it all down and sketch it out I think before my sieve-like memory loses it!

I'm really wanting to make some stuffed toys too but do you think I can get a decent fleece selection anywhere at this time of year? Oh well, I managed to find some green fleece in a really great fabric store that I'd never been to before (it's so HUGE with so many different things, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!) but seeing as it's green, I have to think of things that can be green and cute at the same time. hmmm.

Also, kinda off-topic, my hubby is totally my hero. I seem to have this knack for stuffing up my sewing machine but after a little internet research, hubby fixed it! He took it all apart, adjusted the timing and voila! Take that, Sewing-shop! I get to keep my $85 and have my machine working beautifully. $85 - seriously?! I wonder if that's a career I may pursue - it seems like easy money to me. That's nearly as bad as the $240 the dentist charged me last week to take out my last wisdom tooth which took him all of 15 minutes. Geez.
Well that's enough of my ranting for now, I hope you like the new doll.

Happy Crafting!

No comments: